PROJECT MANAGER / NUCLEAR CANADA
We are currently seeking top candidates for large Energy Refurbishment Projects in Ontario Canada
The Project Manager role will work within the Project Management group and could be responsible for the management of complex projects or many smaller projects associated with refurbishment programs.
The candidate in many cases will oversee multiple projects and will be accountable for all facets of the assigned project(s) including but not limited to:
- Ensuring strict adherence to the Company’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) requirements by contractors, consultants, employees and public throughout all phases of the project;
- Managing the project within scope, schedule and budget; supporting the preparation of technical specifications and contract documents;
- Strict monitoring and control of project costs, progress payments, contract management, including change orders, to ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule;
- Regular preparation of project progress reports highlighting milestones and accomplishments of the project against schedule;
- Support project development team with interaction with stakeholders;
- Ensuring close coordination with the Operations, engineering and other related key stakeholders.
- Responsible for internal and external project messaging and communication through frequent project reporting, informal and formal presentations and written reports.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or equivalent education and experience in Project, Project Controls, Engineering or Construction Management of large, complex and highly regulated energy projects;
- Demonstrated safe work habits and record as well as familiarity with local / regional regulatory requirements related to Health & Safety;
- Demonstrated experience and ability in managing and successful delivery of multiple projects, organizing project teams, setting expectations and managing results;
- Intimate knowledge of related industry standards, and knowledge of state / provincial and federal environmental regulations;
- A solid understanding of and experience with project management processes;
- Excellent planning/scheduling abilities;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Project Management software and tools;
- Professional engineer (P.Eng) preferred. Alternative designations with a focus on project management (e.g. PMP);
- You must be able to work effectively within a group and cross-matrix structure;
- Ability to communicate effectively and treat everyone as key stakeholders;
- Ability to travel and work at assigned locations for extended period of time will be required.